Global and Legal Resources
Upload Your Resume
Global Resource Center
Job Order Detail
Team Leader CGoM Exploration Team
The Team Leader for the Central Gulf of Mexico (CGoM) Exploration Team will be responsible for the coordination of all G&G technical work and studies underpinning exploration maturation of projects in the CGoM area. The role is principally one of project coordination and delivery; however, the candidate will have both a broad technical background in the geosciences and be familiar with the commercial aspects of all projects. The Team Lead will have responsibility for:
• Prospect Maturation – Create and execute a technical subsurface work plan for all opportunities in the CGoM area consistent with company's Exploration Maturation process and Exploration Evaluation Guidelines.
• Technical Liaison – Liaison with Partners, third-party contractors and across teams/ departments to ensure project work plans are effectively executed to a high standard.
• Commercial Input – Work closely with the Exploration Manager and Exploration Negotiations Manager to ensure latest technical input is provided on all commercial negotiations.
The Exploration Team will be comprised of a team of 6-8 staff with a range of traditional GG&E skills and will focus on getting all projects in the CGoM portfolio to drill worthy status. The Team Leader coordinates the technical activities of the team to ensure that overall team objectives are met. He/she will be responsible for team assignments and ensure that the needs of the exploration/appraisal department are met.
The role requires effective communication in many directions. Principally, the Team Leader is a resource to the Exploration Manager and will be the first contact for any issues that arise in leading the team. In addition, the Team Leader facilitates the technical evaluation, helping staff achieve the highest level of technical quality on assigned projects. The Team Lead will assist in setting work priorities, coordinating data collection recommendations and support the Exploration Manager in generating materials for the Strategic Plan and Budget cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Leads subsurface technical effort in assigned area by coordinating work of team members.
Maintains project technical work plans, monitors progress and keeps the plan on track.
Recommends data collection activity such as proposed wells, seismic data acquisition or re-processing.
Identifies additional resource needs to ensure project delivery.
Identifies and proposes internal and third party studies in support of the technical work plan.
Ensures all projects follow the corporate Exploration Guidelines and Processes, coordinates with Technical Assurance team for Peer Review scheduling and Terms of Reference for reviews, and ensures technical closeout of peer review findings.
Provides technical and strategic assessment and input to Exploration/Appraisal management.
Maintains good technical relationships with partners and serves as the point of contact and coordinator for partner subsurface technical discussions.
Maintains key relationships within industry and academia in order to keep technical skills current in his/her specialty area.
As a senior technical staff member, provides insights into competitor or partner technical efforts and appraisal or development strategies recommending ways to exploit opportunities.
Participates in peer-based risk and resource estimation processes, ensures such processes are adhered to in conducting his/her evaluations, and seeks input from peers to ensure technical high quality is achieved in evaluations.
Provides mentoring and technical assistance to staff.
Tracks team members’ absences and travel.
Reports to Exploration Manager and works closely with the Global Exploration Technical Assurance Team to ensure highest technical quality is achieved. Also works with the Land and Drilling departments in providing technical input on projects. The Team Leader will conduct team members’ performance assessments and will have full administrative responsibility for their staff
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in Geology or Geophysics, or a Bachelor degree with experience commensurate to a Master’s degree.
• Minimum of 10 years professional oil and gas exploration experience working with or in a business unit cross-functional team or technology group.
• Familiarity with workstation-based interpretation systems and discipline-integrated reservoir modeling workflows is a must.
• Deepwater experience is preferred, with preference for Gulf of Mexico expertise. Similar deepwater experience in other basins in an Exploration role would be an asset and will be considered.
• Must be able to work in highly charged, fast-paced work environment and be able to simultaneously handle multiple projects.
Amanda George -
Ryan Robinson -
Connect With Us
Copyright 2012 by G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc.