Global and Legal Resources
Upload Your Resume
Global Resource Center
Job Order Detail
The logistics coordinator will manage, direct and coordinate all activities associated with materials and logistics.
• Develops and manages all aspects of the procurement and movement (out-bound and in-bound) of materials, supplies and/or services.
• Management of transportation including in-depth knowledge of and adherence to safety, DOE, OSHA, State, DOT regulations, and IMDG.
• Participates in and supports program management in the development of a transportation plan for projects.
• Prepare shipping documents (commercial invoice, packing lists)
• Leads processes including, transportation supply chain integration, , cost reductions, key supplier relationships, supplier consolidation, and cost/benefit financial analysis.
• Ensures compliance with government regulations, corporate policies, and export compliance procedures for purchasing/subcontract activities.
• Obtain product specifications and technical data from suppliers in support of sales and engineering.
• Maintains vendor evaluation program as it relates to transportation and reports on on-time delivery, quality, and responsiveness. Shared supplier quality management with Quality Manager.
• Provides supporting transportation documentation to program management in a timely fashion with the highest level of accuracy.
• Works to resolve all transportation billing issues with suppliers and accounts payable department.
• Prepares, maintains and publishes dashboard metrics for Logistics department and projects.
• Communicates supplier metrics and works to develop existing supply base as well as identifies new logistics suppliers that are cost and performance effective.
• Enters all data with a high degree of accuracy into ERP system and TMS systems.
• Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Interpret complex transportation laws, regulations, and/or policies
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
• Understand and respond to a diverse population
• Ability to interpret and negotiate contracts
• Calculate figures and amounts
• Four to six years related logistics experience
• International logistics experience
• B.A./B.S, C.P.M. or C.P.I.M. certification preferred
• Knowledge of INCO terms
• Knowledge of export compliance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Performs other physical activities including use of fingers, stooping, crouching, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal and conduct extensive reading. The incumbent will be subject to inside environmental conditions.
Amanda George -
Stacy Hansen -
Connect With Us
Copyright 2012 by G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc.