Global and Legal Resources
Upload Your Resume
Global Resource Center
Job Order Detail
The Infrastructure (IT) Technician’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. Perform responsibilities in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures.
• Perform hardware troubleshooting, diagnostics and repairs of complex Dell desktops, Dell laptops, Xerox printers and MFP, HP plotters, projectors, AVAYA phones and other peripheral devices in timely manner. Engage the hardware vendor for warranty repairs and maintain inventory using HelpStar• Develop Windows 7 Image using Ghost for new hardware platforms and keep the image for existing hardware platforms updated. Proactively research improvements and updates and follow the release management process to get the updates approved and implemented• Perform Windows XP to Windows 7 upgrades. The process entails, provisioning new hardware, imaging it, scheduling the upgrade with the user, transferring user data using Microsoft Easy Transfer Utility, deploying the computer, and providing the user training for Windows 7• Prepare computers for new users and prepare upgrades for existing users and work closely with desktop support team to schedule and deploy the computers • Troubleshoot and resolve Windows XP, Windows 7, Office 2007 and Office 2010 issues• Install, configure, test and maintain all the approved core applications and work hand in hand with application support analysts in installing custom engineering applications and act is their first line of defense in interfacing with the end users• Must provide timely and extremely customer focused service delivery and meet the set SLA for the service• Proactively assess the need for, and recommend performance upgrades to desktop hardware • Work closely with other IM&T teams, EPC systems support, Network and Server support, to ensure efficient and streamlined operation of the desktop environment and smooth implementation of any new enhancements to the environment • Work hand in hand with end users on all issues and act as the first line of defense and perform initial troubleshooting to ascertain the root cause / area of the issue and then, if desktop related, resolve the issue , or escalate the issue to the appropriate support team, EPC systems of Network and server support• Receive and promptly respond to incoming calls, e-mails, walk-ins and helpdesk tickets and use good judgment in prioritizing service delivery based on the criticality of the issue • Perform user moves which entails close coordination with user, planning group and desktop support group and moving all the computing equipment and phones form one location to another, sometimes on different floors• Support conference room equipment, Polycom VC (Video Conferencing) system, Sony VC, Sharp and Dell overhead projectors • Configure wireless connection on employees’ and guests’ computers and create user accounts for guests using CISCO Wireless LAN controller and maintain keep secure wireless network pass key• Perform asset management and inventory control functions for all desktop computing equipment including but not limited to monitors, phones, laptops, docking stations, External and internal Hard Drives, laptop bags, desktops, projectors, and other peripherals using HelpStar• Actively participate in incident management and accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal using HelpStar• Develop and maintain the training material for COMPANY USA computing environment and conduct periodic training sessions for end users and gather feedback for future betterment of the training• Develop and maintain the new user orientation documentation and conduct new user orientation sessions and provide computer orientation to new users • Perform any other task assigned by the manager
Requirements• 2- 3 years of relevant IT support experience, preferably in EPC industry
• Must be methodical and process and detail oriented
• Must be willing to learn new technology and adopt with the ever changing IT environment
• Must be a team player and understand and follow the direction given by the management, yet responsible enough to work independently focusing on the given departmental priorities, and resourceful enough to find solutions to technical and interpersonal challenges with minimal to no guidance
• Familiar with ITIL methodologies, Asset Management, Release Management, Change Management, Incident Management
• Must have Windows 7 rollout experience
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
• Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
• Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer-service orientation.
Peter Tran -
Cristian Patachia -
Connect With Us
Copyright 2012 by G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc.